Helen performed a variety of general and executive management roles in the aviation and tourism industries where she gained firsthand experience managing within multi-national matrix-based organisations and high-risk operational environments. From 1986- 2000 Helen worked in locations including the USA, NZ, Australia and the UK. Her responsibilities included leading teams accountable for the delivery of strategy, finance, marketing, public relations, sales, and call centre operations.
She is a graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors with experience both as a board member and reporting to a board. Over her career Helen developed a passion for assisting others to develop their unique core strengths. In 2001 she began a career in executive coaching. Her approach has been influenced by her own business experiences, academic frameworks gained through postgraduate study and over ten years experience as an executive coach.
Helen has a particular interest in helping individuals, groups and teams to improve their performance by enhancing their personal effectiveness. This often involves developing leadership strengths, people management capabilities and building effective communication skills. She has successfully worked with individuals transitioning into senior leadership roles, and has helped others move from technical roles into positions where leadership and management skills are important.
Helen combines her warm sense of humour with an honest, upfront and practical approach. She provides clients with a safe, open and supported environment where clients feel unafraid to explore the complexity and ambiguity of their work and/or personal situations.
Today, Helen combines her executive coaching work with running her own marketing and public relations company promoting tourism to Hawaii. This work helps Helen maintain her general management skills and enables her to stay in touch with the challenges that face executives today.
In her spare time Helen enjoys playing golf, working out, cooking, and travel.
Business Experience (selected)
- Principal/Managing Director, TM Solutions, Australia
- Executive Director, The Mark Travel Corporation, USA
- Managing Director/GM, United Airlines, Australia
- General Manager, Sales & Marketing, United Airlines, Australia
- General Manager, Call Centre Operations, United Airlines, Australia
- General Manager, United Vacations, UK
- Graduate (Fellow), Australian Institute of Company Directors, 2000
- Development Program for General Managers (DPM), Australian Graduate School of Management, 1999
- Marketing Diploma, Australian Institute of Management, 1997
Coaching & Behavioural Science Qualifications
- Subject Object Interviewing, Jennifer Garvey Berger at University of Sydney, 2008
- Masters of Coaching Psychology & Human Resources Management, University of Sydney, 2004
- Manager as Coach, AGSM, 2002 Registrations, Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, University of Sydney Coaching & Mentoring Association
- Australian Coaching Industry Research Advisory Board (ACIRAB)
Selected Client Organisations
Apparel Group, AstraZeneca, Australian Taxation Office, Bilfinger Berger, Citywide, Cuscal, Foxtel, Freehills, IAG, Leighton Holdings, Macquarie Group, Marshall Investments, New England Institute, Rabobank, NICTA, Roads and Maritime Services NSW, Perpetual, Spectrum, Stockland, Sydney Water, Telstra, Unisys, Westpac
Genos EI, Hogan Leadership Inventories, Life Styles Inventory (LSI)